Bunny Fans Portal

Visit My New Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I Wish to Do a Love Story in Malayalam Soon: Bunny


Even before Mollywood was enamoured by its current crop of young actors, Telugu star Allu Arjun had carved a niche for himself in the State with his explosive dance steps and stylish avatars. The high initial collection in the State's box office for the dubbed version of his latest release Yodhavu and his nickname "Mallu Arjun" are proof enough that he enjoys a star status in Kerala that only a select few from other film industries can boast of.


We caught up with the actor, who was in Kerala recently, to get a lowdown on what sort of films work for him as an actor and if he's ready to make the foray into Mollywood soon:




The treatment in Malayalam cinema is entirely different from the kind of films you do and yet you have a massive fanbase here. What do you attribute that to?


Malayalam movies are more sensible in terms of content compared to the commercial movies in other South Indian industries. Here it's the theme and storyline of the movie that gets precedence over the masala elements and songs. So, when our movies serve that to the audience here, it gives them something new. Our entertainers, which are made on lavish budgets and on a grand scale, are very pleasing to the eye.



Does that mean you are not open to acting in Malayalam?



I would like to do a very youthful Malayalam movie; maybe a love story. I feel that will appeal to the sensibilities of Malayali audience. I loved watching some of the recent movies like Bangalore Days, Premam and Charlie.




How would you rate the young crop of actors in Mollywood?


There's a lot of talent among them. I was completely blown away by Fahadh Faasil's acting in Bangalore Days. Nivin Pauly in Premam was just mesmerising. I am also a hardcore fan of Dulquer Salmaan's Charlie and OK Kanmani. In fact, I liked him more in OK Kanmani.

But, Mohanlal is my all-time favourite and I am looking forward to working with him. The future of South Indian films will inevitably see the exchange of actors from different industries.

So, I am hoping I get to work with Mohanlal soon.




Have you ever thought of shedding your star image and doing roles that challenge you as an actor?



I would like to do a realistic film after ensuring that it is also commercially well balanced. Offbeat films are always confined to a limited audience - the intellectuals. I believe more in movies that can be enjoyed by all sections of audience. In fact, I have no dream role but I dream of doing more interesting roles.


You are a regular visitor to Kerala. What draws you here?



The Malayalam film industry and its culture are totally different from what we have in Hyderabad. It is always interesting for me to meet Malayalis. So, I make it a point to come to God's Own Country every year, to be in touch with the people. I thank them for the special love they have been showering on me. I know it is not easy for a Telugu actor to make a mark in the box office here. They have accepted me irrespective of the language and culture. I hope that the little space they have given me will remain always.



Also, I am in love with the backwaters of Alleppey and the beaches of Varkala. Last year, I came down with my family and we had a wonderful vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...