Bunny Fans Portal

Visit My New Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bunny Waiting for a Malayalam Offer

 
Allu Arjun is undoubtedly a superstar in Mollywood, if you consider the kind of reception his movies get in Kerala. With smash hits like ‘Arya’, ‘Bunny’, ‘Happy’ packed with action, dance and music sequences, he seems to have striked the right chord among Malayalis, the evidence being the huge fanbase he has amassed in Kerala.
Allu Arjun, in 'Badrinath'.Naturally he was in a jovial mood while in the city yesterday to promote his Telugu movie ‘Gajapokkiri’.
Looking dapper in a blue shirt and denim jeans, the actor, also referred as ‘Mallu’ Arjun, began the interaction with the media expressing his strong desire to act in a Malayalam film.
“Malayalis have always loved and welcomed me a lot. The craze for my movies in Kerala is so unique. The industry here have also attracted me by the kind of movies produced here. Over the past few years, my bond with the industry has increased a lot. I would very much like to step into Mollywood as an ode to the audience who have showered me with love. I want to carefully plan my Malayalam debut and so have been meeting more directors and learning the nuances of the language,” reveals Allu, whose latest film is running successfully in the theatres here.
Observing the reason for the success of his movies in Kerala, Allu says, “My movies, with glitz and glamour are pakka entertainers made on a large canvas. Maybe the dearth of that entertainment element in Malayalam movies could be the reason why people love my films. He adds with a smile,”I am keeping a close tab on the movies released here. I have watched ‘Usthad Hotel’, that I thoroughly enjoyed. I am a huge admirer of Mohanlal and watched his movie, ‘Arabiyum Ottakavum P Madhavan Nairum’”.
Allu whose name is synonymous with high voltage masala entertainers does not mince words when he says he will only act in that genre. He says quite matter-of-factually, “I know what I am capable of. My movies are appealing to the masses. I will never act in an offbeat movie. I would love to watch such movies, but acting in them is another thing.”
The Tollywood actor who stepped into filmdom in 2003 with ‘Gangothri’ has acted in 10 movies in the past nine years. Turning back and observing his career, he fondly remembers his uncle Chiranjeevi whom he calls his ‘Godfather’. “He has introduced me to films and I am heavily indebted to him for that.”
The actor who has grooved to quite a number of popular songs, and whose passion for dancing is well-known says, “I thoroughly enjoy doing dance and song sequences. I think South Indian industry is unique for its colourful cinema and I am proud of being a representative of such movies.”
The young actor signed off by requesting the wholehearted support of the Kerala audience for his future movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...