Bunny Fans Portal

Visit My New Blog

Monday, April 25, 2016

'I'm not Financially Settled Yet': Boyapati

'I'm not financially settled yet'

In a career spanning over decade, director Boyapati Sreenu might have directed only six films, including the latest Sarainodu. Yet this didn't deter him from being the ace director. Carved a niche for action movies, he has a trademark style in showing powerful hero. While Simha placed him among the top directors and rose him to stardom status, Legend cemented his position. 

But there's one oft-heard complaint in the industry that he "belongs to" or "available" to only one family. Ask Boyapati about it. "I worked ( with them) for only three films - Simha, Dammu, Legend," says Boyapati referring to Nandamuri clan."

"I haven't planned. It just happened. Even I heard the same (complaint). But I don't have any such reservations. I'd love to work with all the stars in the industry. As a director I can only improve by working with different stars. I think Sarainodu has erased that image and proved that I don't belong to the family (Nandamuri) alone," he adds.

After a blockbuster like Legend, what made him to wait 2 years for Sarainodu? "Usually I take enough time between my film to film. I can't make films in hurry. When I'm working on a film, I can't even think of my next project. Many people often approach me for my next film while I was shooting, I gently deny their proposals."

"After Legend I was supposed to work with Bellamkonda Sreenivas. But that didn't happen. Then I had to wait for six more months working for Sarainodu. Only after the total script is locked, we moved onto the shoot. I don't commit movies for money or out of compulsion," explains Boyapati.

It's learnt that Boyapati hasn't financially settled yet. Is it true? "Yes. I'm not financially settled yet. Ours is a joint family. So I had spent all my life in supporting all my family members. I had really struggled a lot in my life. 

On his bonding with Allu Arjun, the Legend director shares, "Bunny Babu is very close to me. I could work with him whenever we can. In fact, it's him who helped me a lot for my debut Bhadra. I can never forget his help."

Many of his peers are going places. Is Bollywood debut on cards? "I've got several offers in the past. But I refrained myself since I've to work with many here and even want to do many films. Yes, I have scripts that appeal to large section of audiences. But Bollywood debut is not anytime sooner. I do have plans to go to Kannada as the people there're close to Telugu nativity and connect with my stories."

On parting note, Boyapati ends conversation saying that he is not a game for remakes. "Either remakes of my own films or remakes of any other films, I'm not interested at all." 

Boyapati turned one more year older today. And he says he has no big birthday resolutions. While his immediate film would be with Bellamkonda Sreenivas whom he has given a word, his up next film would be Chiranjeevi's 151st film.

- See more at: http://www.gulte.com/movienews/48739/Sarainodu-Erased-That-Image-Boyapati#sthash.FIsO123X.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...