Bunny Fans Portal

Visit My New Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

Interview with Bunny

 
He is known as a stylish star. Now, Allu Arjun is set to redefine the style in his forthcoming film, Iddarammayilatho. "The film is going to be most stylist film in Tollywood," he declares happily, sitting with us for a brief chitchat at his office in Jubilee Hills. Looking very cool and relaxed, Allu Arjun talks on various issues other than his films, some on record and some off the record. Here are the excerpts ..

Promo of Iddarammayilatho has generated tremendous buzz!
Yes, I am so happy that we could create such hungama with just the promo. This is power of social media. People are now watching trailers and songs on their smart phones and tabs, apart from the laptops or computers. Earlier, people had to wait for TV channels to telecast the trailers or video songs or see them in theatres in between the screenings. Today, they can watch it their convenient in palm of their hands. This is a welcome change. I am extremely happy with the response and am expecting the same response from the audiences when it releases in theatres this weekend.

Tell us about the film

I can't put this movie in one genre but romance and action are of key prominence in the film. It is THE MOST stylish film. Not just in my career, it is going to be the best aesthetically shot stylized movie in Tollywood. Why I said I don't put this in one genre because most Indian films mix all kinds of genres. But what Puri gaaru did is to give more importance to romance and action.
This is second time that you are working with director Puri Jagannadh. Tell us about your equation with him?
I should say frankly, Iddarammayilatho is completely Puri gaari movie. It is his movie. I share great bond with him. I always believe that if an actor and a director like each other, the output will be great. Take for example, I have special friendship with Sukumar, and he gave two best movies to me - Arya and Arya 2. Though Arya 2 was not that great hit, some of the scenes in the movie are testimony of his brilliance. If a director likes the actor very much, the best in him comes out. I believe in that magic. In Hollywood too, there are many such good director-actor combinations - Tony Scott & Dengel Washington, Martin Scorsese & Leonardo DiCaprio, etc. And Puri gaaru and I have that special bonding.


Irrespective of the movie's result, I vouch that he presented me so well - the look, the character design, overall style.


You seem to be upped the bar for dances in this film!
Thanks for the compliment. Dances are really looking novel. But again, I have already done most of the steps that an actor can do in his career. So the trick is always to present it differently. In this film, the blend of music, dance compositions and shot compositions is perfect. Good dances are that are pleasing to the eyes. And I have also changed now. Earlier I used to practice hard for dance movements and showcase them in movie. Now, I have realized that one should dance adequate to the music and situation. It is not a dance competition to showcase everything. And I also give credit to the local talent - the local dance masters who worked for this film are superb. They are brimming with new ideas.

What will be the main highlights of the movie?

First and foremost, everyone will talk about the cinematography. Amol Rathod's camera work is mind-blowing. His shot compositions are extraordinary and the slickness that has brought to the overall look of the movie is amazing.
Next action sequences will be talked about. Kitcha's fights are completely original. He is basically from Bangkok but has worked in many Indian films. His notable work is Vijay starrer Thupaki. The fights are very aesthetically shot.

You worked with relatively two leading ladies!

Right from first film, I have always worked with new heroines. So I don't insist on selecting a top heroine. And Puri Jagannadh is known for introducing beautiful heroines to the film industry - right from Asin to Hansika. So working with new leading ladies is not a problem for me. Amala Paul is the darling of the unit. Catherine has good talent.
Did you indulge in lip-to-lip kiss with either of them?
No. I don't know why media has made up this that I prefer to kiss heroines in my films. Personally, I don't like to do intimate scenes. Even in those films where I did lip-to-lip kiss, it was crucial to the movie. I did them in scenes, not in songs, remember. In Arya 2, the kiss scene was important. In Varudu, the scene was the only way to amplify the intensity of the love between them. In Vedam, it was just a peck but it was important. Those were director's choices, not mine. I personally believe that our commercial Telugu films are should be watched by all age groups and family audiences. So I don't like to add kiss scenes unless it is very important to the story. I have drawn my lines.
There were rumors that the film had been reshot. Certain portions like climax sequences were completely shot again. True?
There not an iota of truth in it. See, we shot major portion of the film in Spain. When we were back in Hyderabad, we did patchwork. We could not shoot couple of scenes in Spain because of some actors not able to be there, so we did here. This is very common. Other than this, we didn't reshoot. If we really shot again, I would be open about it, why would we hide this?
 
Generally Puri Jagannadh wraps up his films very fast but this film took long time to finish it off. What's the reason?

He finished this movie too very fast. We started shooting the film in last December and completed in May. So hardly in six months, he wrapped it up. So where is the delay. Since we shot major sequences in Spain for almost 35 days at a stretch, he took time to plan and do proper scripting. Other than that this is pretty fast film to be completed.

Why is the movie postponed?

We actually wanted to release on May 24th but later we thought that we may not release in big way if we come on that day. It is because of issues with some theatres, and IPL matches. So we all decided that May 31st is the ideal date and we are coming on that day.

Who styled you in the film?

Ashwin is my personal stylist. He has been working with me from Arya 2. I introduced him and he has worked with some big movies in Tollywood.

Will you do a pucca dance film like "Step Up"?

No, I am not interested. I don't want to be branded as a mere dancer. I am first and foremost an actor.
What is your role in Ram Charan starrer Yevadu?
I am playing cameo in the movie. My role is just around 5 minutes. Since it is Ram Charan's movie and the role is very apt for me to do, I readily agreed. It’s a very interesting character. What are your next films?

Race Gurram is the next film to be released. I am shooting it from next month. Surender Reddy is the director and Sruthi Haasan is acting in it. I haven't signed any other movie except this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...