Bunny Fans Portal

Visit My New Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Don't Make Films for Critics says Bunny

 
I don't make films for critics, says Allu ArjunTalking about his six-fights-four songs routine that he uses to make majority of his commercial hits, Stylish Star Allu Arjun said that this is the formula that the general audience wants.

"I don't make films for critics. That makes no business sense because they are a measly 3% of the audience. If I started working to appease critics, then I'd have to give up on my luxury cars, holidays and my lifestyle! To give you an example, my work in Vedam had the critics raving. But at the box office, it made 50% of what my biggest flop earned! Critics are educated people, and the cinema that appeals to them will not appeal to the 'masses'," he said.

"I love to entertain. The kind of audiences that I make films for are comfortable with a certain format of cinema — songs appearing out of nowhere, people dancing in identical clothes. They don't find it funny that I beat up 20 bad guys and emerge scratchless. They hoot and cheer for me instead. So I make more such films for them," he further said.

"I believe that Telugu cinema is the most complex kind of cinema in the world. You need drama, comedy, dances, fights, romance, a first song, a last song, and you have to tell your story through one hero... It is a formula. You have to stick to it, and yet come up with something new every single time. At the same time, it can't be too new or too different. It's a difficult balance and everyone in this industry is constantly trying to attain that balance," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...