Bunny Fans Portal

Visit My New Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Bunny is on Top of the World


It's been exactly 4,294 days since Allu Arjun's debut film, Gangotri released on March 28, 2003, but the last 12 months have easily been his best. His film, Race Gurram turned out to be the biggest grosser of the year and catapulted him to the elite league of Tollywood stars who command a market of over Rs 50 crore. "Honestly, I feel very shy when I hear people say such things," confesses Allu Arjun smiling. But the stylish star looks at success as a result of a continuous process rather than a standalone event. "One film doesn't change anything much besides public perception. It was Julayi which was a huge comeback for me after an extended lean patch and set the stage for the huge openings for Race Gurram.Now I need to consolidate my market by following up with a few more such hits," he explains.

The biggest compliment though came when his wife Sneha remarked, "I loved the film. I think it's very funny." Apparently, Sneha 'isn't much of a movie buff ', Allu Arjun admits being pleasantly surprised. The actor's pronunciation of his stock phrase Devudaa became a cult expression of surprise. That the film released exactly a week after his son Ayaan was born, made the film's success extra special for the actor. But he is quick to clarify that becoming a father is the 'most incredible feeling in the world', irrespective of the success or failure of the film. "The moment I saw him (Ayaan) for the first time was the most emotionally overwhelming moment of my life. Nothing else can match up to it. You'll have to become a father to understand it," claims Allu Arjun.

He doesn't quite agree about the talk of his son being the lucky charm though. "My son has changed my life forever, no doubt. But director Surender Reddy worked very hard for almost a year to make that film. I don't think he'll be too happy to know that my son was the reason for the film's success (laughs). The movie is a team effort and the success of the film belongs to the entire team," adds Allu Arjun.

From the looks of it, the actor seems poised for a promising 2015 as well.He is presently shooting for director Trivikram Srinivas' next film set for a summer release. The Anushka Shetty-starrer period drama, Rudhramadevi, in which Allu Arjun is playing the iconic Telangana warrior chieftain Gona Ganna Reddy, is also going to hit the screen next year. "I remember Gunasekhar telling me about Gona Ganna Reddy character when shooting for Varudu (2010). It's a great role and a landmark film, being India's first 3D stereoscopic movie. I loved being part of it and am eagerly looking forward to it," he says signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...