Bunny Fans Portal

Visit My New Blog

Friday, May 18, 2012

Bunny: I have Seen a Drastic Change in Tollywood

Allu Arjun, the actor who entered the film industry as a child artiste, has set a benchmark in the industry with his brilliant acting skills. Allu of the Arya fame has bagged many awards for his perfomance in the film. When City Express interacted with Allu Arjun, he spoke at length about his career and future projects.

As a child artist in Vijetha, to your present film Julayi, what difference do you see in your acting skills?

I have improved over a period of time. That is what I have noticed after being a part of so many films. Every film has a new concept and a new character for me. Every movie I have done has taught me something new. The directors being versatile gave me inputs on how to improve on a character. I work accordingly and try to live-up to their expectations. A film set is like a school for me. Since the day, I stepped in, every movie is like a different class for me.

Can you tell us about your experience with the Telugu film industry?
Allu Arjun: I have seen a drastic change in Tollywood
I have seen a drastic change in Tollywood and it is at its peak now. There have been a lot of new concepts, movies and faces. I would say it’s the new era of the Telugu film Industry. The industry is encouraging young talent, which in a way is changing the face of Tollywood.
And coming to my popularity, I am glad people like what I do. To my surprise, not just Andhra, I have a lot of fans from Karnataka and Kerala too who watch my movies regularly and keep writing to me. Now, I am planning to show a little more interest towards Tamil film industry.

Can you list out your achievements and some memorable films in your career?

One of my most memorable films is Vijetha, in which I starred as a child artiste. Other than that there are Arya, Bunny, Desamuduru, Parugu, Arya 2 and Vedam; for each of which I won the Filmfare Best Telugu Actor Award.

Your role of Bunny in the film Happy got you fame. People will recognise you as a Bunny more than Allu Arjun.
Well, ‘Bunny’ is not my cast name. Bunny is my nickname, my family and people close to me address me as Bunny. The movie ‘Happy’ being our home production, and director being a good friend, thought that the name Bunny sounded much more cool and reflected the character I was playing. So, eventually my nick name was used as the cast name for that particular movie.

Can you tell about your current project?

I am currently working on Julayi which will be directed by Trivikram Srinivas and stars Ileana D Cruz. The character I play in the movie is exactly like me. So, I could easily relate to it.

How do you feel being a brand ambassador of 7UP cool drink. What do you think your responsibilities are?

The concept of ‘Dance for me’ is novel and refreshing. It will provide a platform for dance enthusiasts to showcase their talent. It is a feel-good campaign that aims at infusing positivity and optimism through dance. I am glad to be a part of this interesting and exciting campaign, which delivers a message I personally believe in — dance being the ultimate expression of optimism. I hope the whole of Bangalore is ready to show me their dance moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...